There’s nothing as Australian as a backyard barbecue. Now is the time to get your backyard set up to host the perfect barbecue for your family and friends. We have some top tips for a fun and safe barbecue season and a selection of the best foods to barbecue.
Getting your backyard ready for summer
The first thing you want to do is get your backyard barbecue area set up. Here are some top tips:
- Select the right barbecue. Decide whether you want your barbecue to be portable or whether you want it in the same place all summer. Then, decide how big you need your barbecue to be. This will depend on how much food you intend to cook during each barbecue session. Barbecues Galore at Warringah Mall has a great selection, along with pizza ovens, smokers and everything else you need for alfresco cooking this summer.
- Choose the perfect position for your barbecue. The spot you choose should be well ventilated and easy to access.
- Make sure you have all the necessary tools. These include long-handled tongs and a spatula, reusable barbecue sheets, a brush for basting the meat and various condiments to make your food delicious.
- Add some ambience with plants. Make your barbecue area look like a tropical oasis by adding some tall plants in beautiful larger pots. Try a collection of Pinnacle Lilly Pillies that grow tall and slim similar to pencil pines.
- Create comfort and vibrancy with colourful cushions. Grab some comfy cushions to throw on your outdoor seats to give the allure of a Mexican fiesta.
- Don’t forget the lighting. If you’re planning an afternoon or evening barbecue, make sure that you have some lovely lights strung around your barbecue area so that everyone can see what they’re feasting on.
Where to buy your supplies
Once you’ve decided to host a barbecue at your place, you’ll want to stock up on some supplies for the day. For the best lamb chops, tender Wagyu steak, and gourmet sausages, try Tender Gourmet Butchery in Warringah Mall. They will even deliver to your home! Don’t forget to check out their DIY burger pack, which is perfect for an easy barbecue lunch.
Another excellent butcher that offers delivery is Chop Butchery in Allambie Heights. If you’re stretched for time, you can order online and have all your favourite meats delivered without leaving home. Check out their huge selection of signature sausages to make your next barbecue a gourmet hit.
To keep your guests happy while you’re busy cooking your delicious delights on the barbecue, why not organise a scrumptious deli platter from Quattro Formaggi Deli in Warringah? Their signature grazing boards and antipasto platters will be sure to impress your family and friends.
To top off a fabulous selection of barbecue meats and fresh, homemade salads, consider ordering a delicious range of delectable sweets from De Toni Patisserie. They’re based in French’s Forest but will deliver their range of European-inspired pastries and desserts right to your door. They even have a comprehensive vegan range for the plant-based diners on your guest list.
Tips for the day
To ensure your day runs smoothly, here are a few tips to add to your summer barbecue checklist:
- Make sure the barbecue is clean and the gas bottle is full (unless you have an electric barbecue).
- Ensure you have all your supplies ready.
- Set up a separate table for drinks and make sure you have plenty of ice.
- Make serving a breeze by setting up plates, cutlery, and napkins on a separate table so everyone can help themselves, and add some iced water and glasses.
- Spice up your salad offerings with some creative and inspiring salad recipes from Taste. Why not try this Moroccan-style salad with spiced carrots or this Low-cal vego bean pasta salad?
Talk to us
If you are thinking of selling soon or in the new year, please give the JDH team a call.