Virtual staging is becoming more and more popular for selling homes on the Northern Beaches and there are good reasons why. Nowadays, potential buyers start their shopping on the internet. They peruse online listings before they even head out the door. Your home has to look spectacular in the photos to entice these buyers to come and have a closer look.
What is virtual staging?
Virtual staging uses software to add virtual furniture to the rooms of your home. This makes it easier for buyers to imagine themselves living in the space. To create these images, a photographer uses the empty rooms in your home and adds virtual furniture and décor items to bring the rooms to life. This makes the interior of your home more appealing and welcoming.
7 benefits of using virtual staging to sell your Northern Beaches home
Here are just some of the benefits of adding virtual furniture to the photos of your home:
- It’s less expensive and cumbersome. If you engage a stylist to help stage your home, you will most likely be asked to remove some of your own furniture, or at least, move it around to make better use of the interior spaces and open them up. The stylist may also advise hiring furniture that’s more cohesive and modern to make your home really stand out in the photographs. Using virtual furniture eliminates all of this hassle.
- Photos come alive when using virtual furniture and the rooms look clean, comfortable and modern. If your home is empty, then it can be difficult for buyers to imagine themselves living in each room. Virtual staging allows them to imagine how the space feels and how much furniture will fit comfortably without overcrowding.
- There’s no need for you to spend hours cleaning and painting the interior of your home before the photographer arrives to take photos. Because the photographer uses photos of empty rooms, you don’t have to worry about extensive cleaning or even repainting before the photos can go live on the listing.
- Virtual staging shows buyers how to use awkward corners. Adding virtual furniture defines the various rooms in the home so that buyers can get a clearer idea of what each room is designed for or how it might be used.
- You don’t have to worry about packing and moving your furniture out so hired furniture can be moved in to stage your property physically. If you’re already busy with your day-to-day life, having to pack and put your furniture into storage is an added burden that you don’t need. Virtual staging eliminates this.
- Virtual staging eliminates the clutter in the photographs. This means that you don’t have to physically pack up your personal belongings before the photographer arrives.
- The photos of your home can be uploaded to the listing much faster than if you were to engage a stylist and wait for your home to be physically staged.
Top tip: virtual staging must be brought into the showing
When using virtual staging, it’s important to have these images available when potential buyers come to an open house. This allows them to see what all the rooms could look like once their furniture is in place.
At JDH, we display QR codes on signboards. Buyers can then scan these codes and see photos of what the rooms look like once they have furniture in them.
This is really important because it can be difficult for many buyers to see an empty space and mentally visualise what it will look like once their furniture is in place.
Can we help with your Northern Beaches home?
To find out more about how virtual staging can benefit the sale or rental of your property, please give the JDH team a call.