When styling your home for sale, it’s a great opportunity to buy a few new pieces that will make your current home look smart and your new home even better.
We’ve put together a list of our top 10 home styling pieces to pack up and take with you when you move.
- Decorative throw pillows: Add a pop of colour and texture to your couch or bed with decorative throw pillows. They can instantly update the look of a room and create a cosy atmosphere.
- Wall art: Choose artwork that complements your decor and home, or frame some posters to add interest and add personality to your space.
- Indoor plants: Greenery brings life and freshness to your home, particularly in the cooler winter months when it isn’t so lush outdoors. Incorporate indoor plants of different sizes and types to add a touch of nature and improve air quality. If you don’t have a green thumb, consider fake plants.
- Mirrors: Hang a statement mirror or arrange a collection of smaller mirrors for a decorative touch. Mirrors not only serve a practical purpose but also create the illusion of more space and reflect light.
- Area rugs: Choose a rug that complements your furniture and enhances the overall colour scheme and style of the room. Area rugs define spaces and add a sense of warmth and comfort to rooms.
- Lamps: Lighting plays a crucial role in setting the mood of a space. Select stylish table or floor lamps that provide both functional and aesthetic value, adding ambience to your living areas.
- Decorative vases: Filling some vases with fresh flowers and greenery will instantly elevate the look of a room. Choose vases in various shapes, sizes and materials to suit your decor style.
- Decorative storage baskets: Keep your space organised and stylish with decorative storage baskets. They are practical for storing items like blankets and cushions while adding texture and visual interest to shelves or floors.
- Fresh towels and toiletries: Crisp white towels will make your bathroom look fresher, so update these before your open homes. Clear away all your toiletries and old toothbrushes and leave just a couple of attractive bottles on display.
- Coordinated bedding: Update your bedroom by investing in high-quality, coordinated bedding. Choose a comfortable duvet or comforter, matching pillow cases, and accent pillows to create a luxurious and inviting space. Spotlessly clean white pillowcases always look good.
Consider these items as a starting point, and feel free to mix and match to create a space that reflects your unique style and personality while showcasing your home in its best light.
Homewares in the Northern Beaches – fast!
Looking for homewares to style your home can be difficult – there are so many places to choose from. If you’re getting ready for a home sale, time is of the essence.
Westfield Warringah Mall has plenty of outlets to buy great, inexpensive items for styling such as white towels, pretty toiletries, fresh bed linen and planters. Habitania has some beautiful items, and you can also try the usual homewares shops such as Adairs, Bed, Bath & Table, H&M Home and Big W.
For indoor plants and to spruce up your garden, head to Bunnings, or Four Season Nursery in Brookvale, which both have a great range of indoor plants and pots.
Styling your home for sale requires attention to detail and a focus on creating an inviting environment. But it can significantly increase your home’s desirability and attract more potential buyers. Remember, creating a space that allows buyers to visualise themselves living there is key to a quick and successful sale.
Thinking of selling? Get in touch with us today.
At JDH Real Estate, we’ve been achieving unparalleled results for home owners and landlords across the Northern Beaches. With more than 30 years of experience in the industry, we know it comes down to a personalised approach that only a boutique family office can deliver.
If you’ve been considering buying or selling in Sydney’s Northern Beaches, reach out to our friendly team today.