With many buyers feeling cautious thanks to higher interest rates, inflation and the increased cost of living, it’s a tough market out there for sellers right now. If you’re considering selling your home in 2023, we recommend taking the time to carefully choose a local agent. Keep reading for the reasons why this due diligence will pay off in the long run.
Reasons to work with a local agent
Let us list all the benefits of working with a local agent:
- We have excellent connections and contacts. At JDH Real Estate, our buyer database is unparalleled, and our properties stay on the market for an average of 25 days. This is due in part to our excellent knowledge of who is looking to buy here – we may already have the perfect buyer waiting who missed out on a similar property recently.
- We offer a more hands-on experience and will be present at all open homes where we can make personal connections with potential buyers.
- This extends to our availability as well. Because we live locally, buyers and sellers can physically meet up with us as needed and we can schedule an unexpected inspection or meeting at a moment’s notice.
- We can enthusiastically speak about the surrounding area with prospective buyers. We have an intimate knowledge of public transport links, amenities, schools and upcoming construction projects, which we find gives buyers the confidence to make a solid, informed offer.
- As an independent local agent, you can expect me to be your singular point of contact. I will pay close attention to the entire sales process so you can build a trusted relationship with me.
- As a local real estate agent I have an in-depth knowledge of current market conditions and recent sales of similar properties, and can help you realistically price your property accordingly. Being able to efficiently compare your property to others immediately puts you at an advantage. It also means there is a reduced risk of the property being overvalued and going ‘stale’ on the market. This market knowledge also extends to sale trends, for example if an auction is the way to go.
- My knowledge also translates to understanding what buyers are searching for in your local area. I can offer suggestions for ways to easily add value to your property and thus get it off the market more quickly, saving you time and money. This might include updating the curb appeal, focusing on the outdoor area or adding storage.
Independent versus franchise agents
When it comes to local agents, there’s also the opportunity to choose between independent and franchise agents. Here are some benefits of working with an independent real estate agent:
- Boutique agencies are all about that one-on-one personalised experience. So you’re bound to get more attention, proactiveness and transparency when working with an independent agent.
- You get the best of both worlds. You get to build a relationship with a single point of contact and still work with someone fully connected to the industry and big listing websites like realestate.com.au and Domain.
- There’s flexibility that comes with independent agencies and their marketing, pricing and services. Because there’s no franchise governing their policies and no one-size-fits-all approach to real estate, we’ll build a campaign that suits you and your property.
- JDH Real Estate is a family-owned business with decades of experience in the local property market. When you work with us, you are supporting a local business – and that’s good for everyone.
Thinking of selling? Give JDH a call today
Are you looking to sell your home in 2023 with an independent agent in the Northern Beaches area with extensive local market experience? Look no further than the team at JDH Real Estate.