Many Northern Beaches markets have been closed for some time, but most are now opening up again just in time for Christmas. So, let’s get excited and head out to some of the region’s best markets for fresh produce and magical Christmas shopping.
Here’s a rundown on the markets on the Northern Beaches area. However, before heading out to any of these markets, we recommend you check their website to ensure that the market is actually on, if dates or times have changed and what the Covid-safe requirements are for each venue.
Farmers markets in the Northern Beaches
In the Northern Beaches area, you’re spoiled for choice when it comes to local farmers markets. Here are just a few.
- Belrose produce market. The Belrose Produce market operates every Sunday from 8 am to 2 pm until April 2022 at the Belrose Super Centre, 4/6 Niangala Close, Belrose. This market specialises in high-quality fresh produce and gourmet hot food. It’s a great place to while away a few hours on a Sunday to pick up all your fruit and vegetables for the week as well as all your bread, meat, seafood, small goods and some delectable cakes and pastries. Once you’ve done your shopping, you can sit outside and enjoy a delicious hot coffee and a spot of brunch.
- The Beaches market at Pittwater Rugby Club on Fridays from 8 am to 12:30 pm. It offers the freshest produce from farms throughout New South Wales. Here you’ll find local honey, specialty cheeses, meat, fish, olive oils, freshly baked bread and plants and flowers. You’ll also find a selection of homewares, fashion and even kids stuff.
- Manly fresh produce market in the Sydney Road and Short Street Plaza on Sundays from 8 am to 2 pm. Here you’ll find lots of lovely foodstuffs, from fresh, organic fruit and vegetables to freshly baked Irish soda bread, to mention just a few.
- Mona Vale organic food markets at Pittwater RSL on Sundays from 8:30 am to 1 pm. This market specialises in lovely fresh organic produce including fruit and vegetables and fresh-baked bread. They expect to trade until 23 December and resume in January 2022.
- Organic Scarecrow Freshwater market at 29 Lawrence Street, Freshwater, on Sundays from 8 am to 12:30 pm. This market offers plenty of organic fruits and vegetables as well as other delectable goodies.
- Seaforth markets at the Balgowlah RSL on Sundays from 8 am to 12:30 pm. Here you’ll find organic produce, freshly baked bread, artisan gourmet foods and lots more.
Craft and gift markets
For gift shopping, there’s nothing better than spending an hour or two strolling around an outdoor market and ticking off names on your list after checking out all the lovely craft stalls. Here are a few local craft markets to put on your must-see list.
- Manly arts and craft market at The Corso that runs every Saturday and Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm. Not only will you be able to shop till you drop at all the vibrant stalls but you can also enjoy local entertainment and a relaxing drink at the surrounding bars and restaurants.
- Narrabeen Berry Reserve Christmas market is on 19 December. Check their page for other times and dates. It offers plenty of local arts and crafts as well as fresh food.
- Manly Village Public School markets normally run on the third Sunday of the month from 8 am to 4 pm. However, we can’t confirm at the time or writing that the markets have reopened.
- Palm Beach Market will be open at Governor Phillip Park on 19 December but check first. The Palmie market offers a wide selection of stalls ranging from homewares to fashion and jewellery.
As noted earlier, before heading out to any of these markets, we recommend you check their website to ensure that the market is actually on and what the Covid-safe conditions and requirements are for each venue.
Can we help with more Northern Beaches information?
We know the local area and are up to date with what’s happening around the Northern Beaches, from property to local news. Feel free to contact us if you need more information.
Image: Cambridge Markets EQ
Source: The Entertainment Quarter | www.entertainmentquarter.com.au/event/cambridge-markets/